Matthew 19:14

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Day to Celebrate ....

I know most of you were excited that you got off school today. I know I was excited to have off work today. But today we are celebrating a man who had a dream and wasn't afraid to follow it and stand up for it. Martin Luther King Jr. A man who most people would have walked away from if he had come into a room. But who by the time he died was recognized as one of the most dynamic and inspirational speakers. Here are some good quotes from him:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

"I just want to do God's will. And he's allowed me to go to the mountain. And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land! I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land."

"If physical death is the price that I must pay to free my white brothers and sisters from a permanent death of the spirit, then nothing can be more redemptive."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Today is also Winnie the Pooh's Birthday! So here are a few quotes from Winnie the Pooh....

“Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”

“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?" "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said."

Today is also an exciting day because Tony and I made it official today and we are going to be getting married in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment