Matthew 19:14

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 5

Day 5: February 22nd
Our Focus
What is your focus right now? What are you thinking about? Are you thinking about homework? Food? Something that happened during the day? During Lent our focus is on prayer, fasting and serving others. By focusing on these three things we are reminded of who God is and what Jesus did for us on the Cross.
It’s easy for us to lose our focus on God. It is easy to shift our focus on a new video game than onto the homeless man who is in need of food. It is easy for us to focus more on what we need and not the needs of others.
In my office, I have placed a cross behind my desk. When I am working on my computer, it casts a shadow of a cross onto my computer screen. My focus is continually brought back to Jesus and what He did for me.
How can you help keep your focus on God and His wants?
Read: Isaiah 58:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment